Message from our Managing Director
15 February 2017
I am James Newsome, the Managing Director of Capital Refractories Group and I would like to explain the acquisition, introduce Capital and explain our reasons for acquiring Xeracarb.
The main details of the acquisition are as follows:
- The business and assets of Xeracarb Limited have been acquired by CRL effective from 1st February 2017.
- Xeracarb will become a division of CRL. The legal entity Xeracarb Limited will cease to trade and, in future, commercial relations will be directly with CRL.
- All employees will continue to work for the Xeracarb division and manufacturing will remain at Xeracarb’s site at Darton near Barnsley, UK.
Background of Capital Refractories Group
- Capital supplies a wide range of refractory and technical ceramic products.
- Capital’s customers are metal melters and other heat process industries.
- A family company established over 60 years ago.
- Global presence with clients in over 40 countries.
- 10 main sites in the UK, US, Europe, China and India.
- We manufacture a range of refractories for metal melting applications at sites in the UK, USA, China and India.
- We manufacture a range of technical ceramics at three sites in the UK and 1 in the Czech republic.
- Our technical ceramics are used for melting and pouring in investment casting, cores for aerospace and Industrial gas turbine applications, superalloy laundering and distribution, aluminium production, metal flow control and kiln furniture.
- Our technical ceramics processes include vibrocasting, freeze casting, slip-casting, hydraulic pressing, iso-static pressing, vibro-ram pressing and injection moulding and our materials include silicon carbide, alumina, silica, magnesia and zirconia.
- We pride ourselves on innovation, we reinvest 10% of net profits in R&D, have working relationships with several universities and hold several patents for our technical ceramics.
- Our headquarters are at Clowne near Sheffield, UK.
We are delighted to take on Xeracarb which augments our existing portfolio of technical ceramic products to offer our customers a wider choice of solutions. Our aim is to develop the patented technology further, improve the products further and develop customer partnerships for applications in armour, kiln furniture, wear at temperature and molten aluminium.
I can reassure all Xeracarb customers that the product performance and high service they have received so far from Xeracarb will not be compromised, in fact our aim is to invest in the division - personnel, equipment and continuing R&D, to improve the production process, improve product performance, price competitiveness and service.
Your main contacts in future will be:
- Steven Broadhead – Sales Product Leader. Mobile; 07841 499662. Email; email@example.com
- Roshan Aucklah – Technical Manager Xeracarb Products. Mobile; 07988 065320. Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Elvin – Customer Service Manager. Office; 01246 811163. Email; email@example.com
- Steven Lowe – Financial Manager. Office; 01246 811163. Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support.
Capital Refractories Group
< Back to Latest News